Thursday, August 2, 2012


 The way that I see it, there are two types of outdoorsmen, those who want to feel a sudden and exciting rush of adrenaline, and those who seek to admire natures dynamic beauty. If those two had a baby it would come out as hunter/fisherman. We are our own breed, love the feeling of  drawing back on a broadside whitetail, to feel your heart leap into your throat and your palms sweat with anticipation. To release that arrow or pull the trigger on that gun while sending all of your concentration along the way to a nice clean kill gives a sense of relief, that you have executed your skill to its very limits, that cannot be compared to anything else in this world.
 I was born in March, 1998 in Mount Pleasant, Michigan (for those of you looking for it on a map, it is quite literally smack dab in the middle of the mitten). Growing up in Michigan I came along on many hunting trips. I can vaguely remember sitting in my grandparents living room, the news playing softly on the television only to be abruptly interrupted by the crack of a rifle. This was followed by much excitement as we prepared to receive the lucky hunter. These few early memories really gave me a good impression of the hunting world. As I grew I came to love to outdoors, and I was eager for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment